Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB) is a statutory multi-agency partnership which exists to:
- Ensure that sound arrangements to protect children are in place in Warwickshire;
- Promote the welfare of children in Warwickshire;
- Achieve these objectives by promoting interagency cooperation and collaboration.
WSCB do this by:
- Forming a view of the quality of local activity in safeguarding (including early help)
- Challenging organisations as necessary
- Speaking with an independent voice.
WSCB produces inter-agency policies and procedures in relation to:
- Thresholds for intervention
- The action to be taken where there are concerns about a child's safety or welfare
- Investigation of allegations concerning people who work with children
- The safety and welfare of children who are privately fostered,
- Co-operating with other LAs and partners in the region in relation to these matters.